Tuesday 31 August 2021

17m on a stick

In what will become a regular feature of this blog now, I had an hour or so down at the beach this afternoon, under what were rather leaden, autumnal skies.

It's the monotonous flatness and proximity to the sea that makes it great for radio!

Whilst a TV crew filmed a piece about the origins of the Landrover, which was an idea born not only on Anglesey, but at this very beach I was on, I enjoyed very good success out to the Far East on just an Ampro 17m stick and 15W out.  I even had a decent SSB QSO with VO1VK on ~25W, even though the band wasn't really strong enough for that mode (Dean was 5/7 against my 5/1).

Amazing outcome, considering conditions were pretty poor.

Very pleasing results.

Update: The following day, things were even better!


And even better the day after that!



No comments: