Thursday 26 August 2021

Falling off the A55.

The great thing about /P or static /M operating is that you can take advantage of any spare moment.

Last evening, after delivering my daughter to the cinema, I came off the A55 coastal road in North Wales to enjoy some warm sunshine and great 14MHz QSOs from a seaside car park. 

Beautiful weather at IO83!
 

I was again almost alone from Britain in reaching KL7L on 1W WSPR. I keep my old, battered Ford alongside a much better car because, being well maintained, it runs as smoothly as any new car, is ideal for taking onto the beach, and has so far cost me just £250 per year in real terms!  I got this attitude to cars after I started flying.  Most common light aircraft are decades old but, again, very highly maintained.  Things can last, when looked after.

 

Better views than from home!

The results from a few minutes' 14MHz WSPR at 1W were, as usual, very successful (plot is TX and RX, but mostly TX):




No comments: