Thursday 4 February 2021

Tale of two Turks

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, or whether they are related, but there are currently two UK licence holders operating 14MHz WSPR from Turkey.

This is in fact rather useful, as both stations provide insights into a path that typically has few or no stations to cover it.

Other than one spot from TF4X of my 1W WSPR signal overnight, the Turkish stations were the only ones to hear me.  I heard nobody at all overnight, under fairly disturbed field conditions of up to Kp=6 during the earlier evening.

Note that the reaction of the signal to the lower station seems, for the most part, to be in antiphase to the upper station. Longer horizontal lines indicate periods of non-reception.  If, the antiphase might be explained by longitude difference, then we would expect TA4/G8SCU (lower trace) to lead the way.  But he doesn't.  Of course, our expectation might be wrong!

Two Turkish stations hearing my 1W WSPR signal, 03-04/02/2021.


No comments: