Tuesday 15 October 2019

Listening to me, far away, from home.

KPH is a very useful, permanently-listening KIWI-SDR receiver based in California.

Today, I looked up details about KPH, and had a quick listen to my own 14MHz, 1W signal being received 8221km away.

There I am, on the far left!

It's quite a strange experience to see your own signal received in real-time!  As I was fairly near the WSPR band edge, I could easily see which trace was mine.  As the decode progresses, it identifies each station by marker on the waterfall, as well as the usual text output.

Well worth reading about and listening-in with KPH, which you can do at http://radiomarine.org/


1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Thanks for the interesting info. Have seen reports from KPH and it is a very sensitive station I think. Have to read the site. 73, Bas