Tuesday 30 January 2018

Three Days of 40m WSPR - Short Vertical.

Some extended results from the short vertical that I've been running at the marsh site are now available.

The results are extremely good, and way beyond what I expected.

The best comparison station in the UK I could find was G7MRV, who was by far the closest of any others to the performance of my antenna.  Irritatingly, there are no details about the antenna in use at G7MRV, and no reply has yet come back to an e-mail approach:


Across all distances, my antenna was 0.4dB weaker than G7MRV:


But when considering long-haul DX (beyond 4400km), things change considerably, now favouring my antenna by 3dB - twice the signal strength.


Better than that was the fact that I reached several DX stations that the G7 couldn't reach at all.  I've selected the latest spot from VK7JJ, but the reliable result comes from the plot above, which takes account of very many more spots at each station:


That's certainly enough testing to demonstrate the antenna - just 5m long on a 7m pole and two elevated radials - is very effective.



No comments: