Tuesday 14 September 2021

New stick!

 

Early autumn light and clouds today!

I added another stick antenna to my collection this morning - this time, for the 15m band, which has livened up considerably recently.  

This stick came from Sigma-4-antennas on E-bay, saving me about £5 in the delivery charge others were asking.  It was here next day, and matches up at 1:1. 

Perfect match!

An hour down the beach with 15W out proved very worthwhile:


The logbook continues to look better than it ever did from home!  Quite amusing to end the run of red and white flags of Indonesia with the white and red of Poland!



3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Lots of sticks John....why not using a old DV27 antenna? Modified with several tuning rods for every band? Saves some room. Although, not that much. But certainly doesn't cost as much...

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2013/02/poor-radioamateurs-mobile-antenna.html

73, Bas

Photon said...

Not really. I once had a G-Whip multi-band stick, but it was a massive pain to match, and I sold it. With these monoband units, each is perfectly matched, permanently. So, just need to take two or three in the car, at most - they sit in there most of the time, actually! I'll have a read about your solution - all ideas are worth considering, but I won't be changing my sticks!

Bas said...

John, I know what you mean with the multiband stick. Had one myself and same experiences. The "homemade" multiband antenna doesn't have those issues. Just turn the top off and turn the new (other band) top in and go. I don't even have to remove the whole antenna. But I have to admit several tuned and ready to use sticks are almost just as handy. 73, Bas