Sunday 6 September 2020

Ha ha!

 

Well, though I did my best to set aside some time to take part in the recent RDRC JT9 event, I really couldn't be bothered to waste two whole days of my life gathering useless points.  

Accordingly, I ended up 90th, as opposed to last year's effort, where I received 10th place.

Rather pleased with that, as it is just too much like a pointless activity, nice though it is to see lots of JT9 signals.  If only people used it regularly, rather than just for activity days...

 



2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I had the idea there were more station participating this year. I managed a 124th place...

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-min42ru3xHE/X1P2g41ttrI/AAAAAAAAbqo/G_haJiW2HpMtYh1asby2qoCWkA4RZ-upwCLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/RDRC-PE4BAS-DA-JT9-MHS-UCH-2020.JPG

73, Bas

Photon said...

Hi Bas. Yes, I think you're right. I would think that there was a big cluster of people with roughly 300,000km, with close ranking between them. By the time one gets to about 500,000km, one is usually much higher up the ranks. But what is the point when some people (always Russian) are using multiple remote stations?