Thursday 16 July 2020

Radioworld - a big 'thanks!'

A month or so ago, the shack's MyDel MP304 MKII linear PSU gave up in rather spectacular fashion, producing a brief humming noise, some smoke, and then - nothing.  It's the first equipment failure of any kind I've ever had in many years' operating.

Buy with confidence.

I bought the unit from Radioworld, which I'm rather glad about, because they asked for the PSU - which was only about three months old, to be sent back to them (just £8, despite the unit's mass).

Back in action, thanks to the zero-fuss approach of Radioworld.

A couple of weeks later, and UPS delivered the PSU back to me in full working order!  I'm not sure whether the unit will now last as long as my very well time-served SMPSUs, which have each seen thousands of hours' operation, but we'll see.

So, dear fellow operators, when you want the security of knowing you won't be fobbed-off if your equipment develops a fault, remember Radioworld!






2 comments:

Darren said...

John,
I have on eof these. Rock solid for the past few years. Very interested to know what went up in smoke in yours. Any ideas?

Photon said...

Hi Darren,

Because the unit was in its warranty period, I couldn't (and didn't) open it to find out. Radioworld also sent no word at all on what component(s) had failed, unfortunately. I guess I could look inside now, but it may fail again, so I will keep the screws untouched!