Tuesday 14 April 2020

Raspberry Pi 4 - new connector types.

Having finally collected a keyboard, mouse, screen and Noobs disk together, I thought I'd fire up the new Raspberry Pi 4 this afternoon.

Screeeech!  Came to a sudden halt as I tried to connect it to some power: it uses a USB-C connector, not the ones we have grown used to over the years.

So, in case you are wondering, or about to embark on your own Raspberry Pi 4 adventure, here is the diagram I should have consulted days ago (note also the HDMI connector is now changed from a full sized edition to a micro socket - very annoying and much less robust in the field):

Courtesy, Seeed Studio.

Also, if you find your Pi doesn't appear to boot when you fire it up, make sure you have the display fed from the left side port, because this is the primary display.  I was looking at unchanging colour pixels for ages, not realising the right-side port I'd connected to was not the correct one to use.

Details:  https://support.thepihut.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001887937-My-Raspberry-Pi-4-will-not-boot

No comments: