Friday 14 May 2021

Hurrah! 6m Transatlantic!

Last evening, I received 6m signals until just before 00:30UT, the action restarting a few hours later.  Quite amazing!

Hello, Canada!

With my antenna - 'just' a 2 ele quad - pointing south to catch most of the signals today (it was mostly north and NE yesterday), I received a signal from VO1HP, at 3410km.  The appearance of strong and prolonged PMSE will not be entirely unrelated to this:


Usual response to the VO1 signal: run outside; get the ladder up; try to turn the antenna; forgot to undo the safety rope!  Undo that; align the beam; run back inside.

VO1HP was still there!  I sent a reply and got him first try, albeit a bit weak from me, although I came up to -6dB a few minutes later:

From this year onwards, I think I may well start concentrating on the 6m band, as well as 2m.  Some big changes may happen at the station fairly soon.  More about that in a future post...

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Funny you worked the same station as first transatlantic on 6 this year. Btw I had some nice SSB QSOs with Welsh stations on 10m. 73, Bas