Wednesday 12 August 2020

Still listening for bursts.

I'm into several days of listening for what have become informally known as 'metallic bursts' by now.

This morning should have been a very good time to detect any bursts - if they are due to meteor scatter as just about everyone asserts - as we are at the peak of the Perseid meteor shower.  OK, by around 09:40UT, when I made my audio recording, we are facing away from the debris stream here in the UK.  But there should still be an enhanced background rate.

I can tell you that I cannot hear any bursts at all.  To persuade the naysayers, here's a generous 5-minute recording (HRD in this case, no time sync), where signals are coming from eastern Europe and out as far as Turkey, generally in line with the PSKreporter map below:

 


 
 

No comments: