Tuesday 11 August 2020

No bursts.

In search of peculiar-sounding 'metallic bursts' on 6m that were heard during midsummer, I've been spending a lot of time on that band past few days, as the Perseids reach their maximum.

I've listened to FT8 and MSK144 on 6m and 2m, and seen a reasonable amount of activity on both bands under meteor scatter.

What I haven't heard - at all - is anything like the bursts heard during June and July. I can hear plenty of typical MS bursts, but these are usually very short, <1s duration, with only the occasional longer burst lasting several seconds. 

I don't know what you are hearing if you are active on 6m,  but these typical MS bursts do sound qualitatively different to what I was hearing earlier on.

The case remains open, presumed MS, for now...

No comments: