Saturday 1 June 2019

Aloha Hawaii!



 If you're interested in working the Hawaiian archipelago on 20m, it's a good time to try now!

There's a consistent link with Hawaii each morning, lasting around two hours as the greyline passes over those islands.  The route is probably long path.

Here's how my 1W WSPR signal was getting out this morning (the plot spans the entire period of propagation open to Hawaii):

Situation at start of peak propagation to KH6 (short path shown).  DX Atlas, with permission.
KL7L, at almost the same longitude, shows much the same pattern, though the propagation opens earlier, due to the higher latitude:


1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx for the info John, I'm not really interested in a QSO but I am interested in a WSPR spot. Since I don't have Hawaii in my DXCC list yet. Will try tomorrow....73, Bas