Sunday 14 August 2016

20m WSPR Challenge

Having come 15th in the 30m WSPR challenge earlier in the week, I thought I'd see what my 20m delta loop could bring in on Friday/Saturday 13-14th August, 2016.

I continued to contribute to others' results with an 8% transmission rate.  The delta is twin fed via a 6:1 homebrew voltage balun (unusual for this station), and is vertically polarised.

My 20m delta.


I was pleasantly surprised to reach 11th in the score table, out of what looks like a total world station list of about 220.  Being in the top 5% of WSPR sensitivity will do me just fine, thanks! 

Being a weekend, there were a fair number of periods where RTTY interfered badly with reception.  I'm also aware that signals that ought to be decoded sometimes aren't.  This may or may not be down to the old netbook computer I'm using, but the problem can't be too bad, given my relative position in the table.

11th on unique receptions, 19th on total distance.



No comments: