Thursday 4 November 2021

+15dB

Extremely rough geomagnetic conditions overnight, reaching G4/Kp8 levels.  Aurora was seen in the most southerly UK latitudes, although it was mostly cloudy here at the time.

The higher bands were open, but very weakly from this far north. 

Wow! 

 


I ran some WSPR at 14MHz whilst going out for a walk on the beach this morning.  Or, rather, walking in the sea.  The bay was still flooded, but is only shallow, at about 50cm deep.  So I waded-in in my shorts, and kept walking!  I must have been quite a strange sight from the shore, but no rescue boat came, so that was OK!

 

Nice weather down here, very bad weather up in space!

1W to the world at 14MHz.  The geomagnetic storm clearly took its toll!

Conditions on 20m were not very good, but I did manage a good set of results into VK-land.  In comparison to other UK stations, even with such a simple Ampro stick for an antenna, I was seeing a median +15dB enhancement of my 1W to VK4KJP, with a minimum of +3dB against the excellent G0CCL, with a metal factory for a ground plane, to a maximum of +19dB.

 


No comments: