Wednesday 4 September 2019

JT9 Activity day results are...?

Well, with an official 526,132km total, I managed tenth place out of 185 participants in the August 24-25 JT acitivty days of the RDRC.  This was my first ever involvement with any contest, with which I am quite pleased, given I was operating a non-directional delta loop and fairly low power (15W in most cases) for almost all the QSOs.

There is also a curious, roughly 10,000km discrepancy between my log total and the RDRC's computation, but there we are.  Perhaps it is best not to be too tempted by contests, lest it change my attitude towards radio.


A good place to revise the RDRC's contests would be to abandon the 48 hour format, which is way too long, and replace it with the now more common, 12UT - 12UT, 24 hour format.



1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Congratulations John, a good result! 73, Bas