Friday 27 July 2018

Very useful website of the day: VK6YSF

Having a science background, I just love analysing WSPR data.

But, up until this afternoon, I found it rather difficult to import data from the WSPRnet site into Open Office or other spreadsheets.

I am therefore really grateful to VK6YSF's excellent instructions on how to import data by a simple 'copy and paste' method which overcomes the column formatting problems I have struggled with for ages.  In fact, the current version of Open Office takes the data even more easily than seems to be the case for Excel.

And if, like me, you are struggling to get the unequal time intervals that arise from WSPR spots plotted according to their proper position, the answer is to select 'XY Scatter Plot' in the chart type, and not 'Line' type.

Sadly for readers, this does mean my analyses of WSPR signals will now increase substantially!




No comments: