Monday 10 October 2016

SSTV Surprise!

Over the past week, 12m has sprung back into full swing.

OK, it's not like 2015, when you could have long, armchair QSOs with anybody you liked across the pond.  But it's not too bad.

At lunchtime yesterday, whilst scanning around 12m for some SSB signals with the 3 ele LFA Yagi, I stopped at 24.940MHz, where, for the first time ever on that band, I heard an SSTV transmission.  Thinking it was probably a Spanish AN400 or something, I fired-up the SSTV software, just out of curiosity.

Wow!


I was amazed to see a 3B station coming through with a really clear signal.  In my surprise, I confused 3B with 5B.  Eventually, it clicked this fine signal was coming from Mauritius!

That left me very satisfied for the day, and yet another example of 12m coming good when all supposed experts predict no propagation.


No comments: