Saturday 3 October 2015

Radcom Plus One

Despite having ceased to be a member of the RSGB some months ago, I'm still being sent RadCom Plus 1, the digital supplemetal to the normal, printed RadCom society magazine.  That said, I'm still owed about £13 by the society, despite Graham Coomber himself promising he'd get it out to me.

To be fair, this is quite a good publication, perhaps outdoing RadCom itself. 



What I don't understand is the highly odd use of proprietary web-based browsing software that means you have to download a whopping 57MB file.  It seems the RSGB think everyone in the UK has unlimited, fast broadband, and that there are no simpler ways to present their magazine.  Many of us, though, have slow or data-limited connections.

At a guess, I'd say a PDF or similar file format would reduce the file size by several times.  But, hey!  Who am I to make suggestions to the RSGB?


2 comments:

Nick B. said...

Was the £13 as a result of them not cancelling a direct debit?

Photon said...

No. Only the account holder can cancel a DD. My cancellation came at about the same time as the next month'd sub was due, so Coomber said he'd make sure I got it back. As far as I'm aware, I've never received it. I hope they put it to good use!