Wednesday 5 March 2014

Choosing a 12m Yagi

Choosing an antenna style, let alone a manufacturer, is not an easy task!

There are all sorts of antennas offered to the unwary pundit out there.  Many are frankly a pile of cheap trash, whilst others care for what they produce.

But, how do you tell which is which?

I looked at lots of suppliers, but Innovantennas offered the best service by far.

Well, you could do worse than listen to my very recent experience of dealing with Innovantennas, which is in every sense an excellent company to deal with.  I recently decided to add to the antenna farm a 12m 3-element yagi.  This is not an expensive antenna, but it is well made.

Purely on the strength of the quick, polite and helpful response from Justin at Innovantennas, I was easily persuaded to go with this company and place an order there and then.  Lead time of only a week or so, and a re-tapered version gladly made up to accommodate the rough winds here.

So, whilst I can't yet comment on the performance of the yagi, if it matches the care of dealing with the customer experienced so far, it will be a belter!

Update: I had a lot of trouble with the delivery company, and despite many attempts, couldn't get the damned antenna to arrive when promised.  A plea to Justin at Innovantennas saw him take on the battle, and I'm hopeful he'll get to the bottom of it shortly.  Enormously to his credit, there was an immediate acceptance and apology that his admin staff had wrongly claimed in an email I had been asked three times for my telephone number.  How many people admit an error at all, let alone so quickly?  On that basis, I will have no hesitation in returning to Justin when I need more antennas.

No comments: